Welcome to the app development part of Secret Base Design. We make innovative music apps for both iOS and OS X. Here's what you should check out.
- Music IO is a collaborative effort with the teams from Audeonic Apps and MIDI Designer; together, we've created a way to stream both MIDI and audio between an iOS device and a Mac, using an ordinary USB sync cable. If you do any work with Macs, you need this app.
- MIDImorphosis, available for both iOS and the Mac, is an app that converts live audio signals (or recordings) into MIDI. Initially intended for transcriptions, it's fast enough to control synthesizers with slower guitar lines. It works with any instrument that can produce a stable pitch, and vocals if you avoid vibrato.
- Apollo Remote Recorder -- if you use a desktop DAW, this is an essential app to simplify your work flow. Capture
recordings on iOS automatically using MIDI, and transfer them to the desktop using a web server built into the app. Version 1.3 supports streaming audio over WiFi -- check out the Apollo Series page for more details.
- Voxkit -- a unique MIDI controller that is triggered with sound. Ideal for capturing drum parts and bass lines, as well as playing backing chords.
- Double Decker -- lets you use your Bluetooth QWERTY keyboard as a MIDI controller. There's a lot that the app can do, and it's worth checking out.
- Nice To Be Your Friend Synth -- a SoundFont based synth with dual keyboards, MIDI, and built in Apollo MIDI Over Bluetooth support.
- Spectral Eye is a free, universal app that visualizes the Fast Fourier Transform of incoming audio. By arranging the FFT in a spiral, frequencies that are an octave apart are lined up. No ads, no nagging, just a handy tool to understand sound better. Everyone seems to love Spectral Eye, and we think you will too. If you want to have an idea of what Secret Base Design is about, check out that app first. There is also a paid version of the app, with a few additional features.
You can contact us through Facebook
, or by email.